Sunday 10 August 2014

GOD WILL USE YOUR STORY







I have had the opportunity to listen to great minds pursuing their vision teach on various subjects, but my take home has always been acquired through the personal stories shared in the course of their message.   Someone once told me; ‘no one knows you better than yourself, and when your story is told by others be rest assured of being misrepresented’ but I never really understood the importance of telling my story myself until I started this blog and started to receive feedback from readers.
Some years ago I attended a fellowship where life transforming messages were taught on marriage.   I absolutely can’t remember the topic but it had to do with handling family issues. Usually after each teaching, contributions based on experience were welcome.   I remember a lady who used my story as a case study and tried to convince everyone how I maltreated and prevented my in-laws from benefiting and acquiring the properties my late husband left behind.
There I was listening and feeling sorry for her;recognizing the source of her information and how desperate they were and how far they were willing to go to justify their actions didn’t inconvenience me in anyway as I knew the truth and it was only a question of time before even the story teller realised it too.
It is important that you understand that the platform of this blog has lightened my burden and brought me relief in ways I didn’t know was possible.  All because I stepped up to the plate to tell my story and by so doing, I have been told others received help.  However, today I confess that I am more helped by telling my story than I ever imagined!
As helped as I have been by telling my story, I have learnt to share my feeling with my Maker and my Source, and that has helped me face every challenge with the consciousness of a winner.I am not claiming to be successful; as success is relative but I am definitely fulfilled and grateful for the privilege of knowing and having Jesus who took over my burdens and gave me rest when it was too heavy to bear.
You get release when you tell your story and you bring hope to others but should you not yet be in a position to tell your story to others may be you need to pour it all before God.  The Bible says He takes our tears and stores them in a bottle to pour out when the time is ripe to bring you a harvest and hope to others. 
Your story is not in vain… it is useful regardless of how painful.  Don’t allow your experience be in vain… God can use it all.
Remember what the enemy meant for evil He is able to turn around for your good.
May God bless and keep you...till next week I am willing to walk this road with you.  Send me an email comfortofcomfort@gmail.com.

You are loved
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment