Tuesday 22 April 2014



NEVER GIVE UP
 
One fateful day I got a call, still wondering who the caller was, the person said… you don’t know me, I got your number from your in-laws and decided to put a call across to you, please don’t hang up on me, as I have my reasons for calling you.

I had an encounter with your late husband this morning before leaving my home, still wondering what he was up to, knowing fully well that Charles was gone forever, and I wasn’t expecting anything different from what I have got to accept, still wondering what he has to say, immediately I responded…please go on am listening.

“Your husband walked into my bathroom this morning when I was taking my bath, it was a scary experience; he warned me that the letter of administration that was going to be issued today should be stopped, as his wife has nothing to do with. He told me that your name was included without your knowledge…  With this serious warning, I had to get your phone number in other to reach you”.

He requested that I attend the next court sitting, as he will move to have the case adjourned to give me time to prepare for the trip to Delta state, he promised to give me a call and inform me on the next court sitting, true to his word he did call, and I immediately promised him, I will be there.

Hmmm, did I believe it was Charles who spoke with him, not at all, however, it reinforced my belief that  God had me covered, whether he was telling me the truth or not, all I could think about his story, was that an angel had step into my case.

On the set date, with no idea what to expect, I went to court with my elder brother and that was the start of the fight to ensure no one took advantage of me even though most people thought I ought to let go.  For me this was not about money, however, it was about justice and I was willing to go all the way to ensure that no one would treat me or anyone as badly as they had planned to treat me.

in Luke 18:1-8 Jesus told the parable of a widow who presented herself constantly before the judge, asking him to grant her justice. She was a poor widow; who was defenseless. She had a legal case pending against someone who had wronged her, she was unprotected and disadvantage to cultural belief.  The parable doesn't tell us what injustice had been committed against the widow, but I know she must have been stripped of her property and all that her husband left her, the situation must have been a terrible, due to her desperation and steady visit to the unjust Judge for justice.

She had to get justice and went on to the judge, Even though she had no one to help her, she went to and the judge directly and while the judge wasn’t the best human being on earth he had no choice but to help her.

What about you and me? We sometimes become so discouraged by the challenges of our lives that we stop praying, stop hoping, and stop expecting God to intervene in our situation, and eventually begin to live on self-pity and at the mercy of people. That shouldn’t be our case, we ought to cling to God in faith and persistence until our help manifests.  Unlike the unrighteous judge, our God is willing, able and committed to change our lives and story.

Never give up on yourself, and do all you can to embrace God in other to get the best that life has to offer. We should not be discourage, by allowing the giants in our promise land prevent us from possessing that which is rightfully ours. The bible encourages us to be strong and courageous, in other to help us focus on our goals and ignore the fears.

The unavoidable challenges that make us turn to God are better than the blessings which makes us forget to Him; God cannot be unjust to those who call upon Him, He is always righteous and good in all His dealings. We can confidently come before Him with our needs, and He will hear and deliver us. 

Just like He heard my cry in the dark and sent someone who understood the process to help me, He will come and save you too.  Please hold on, your help. 

Till next week, my email still is comfortofcomfort@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

 

You are loved.

 

Peace

 

No comments:

Post a Comment